Boom Beach has been updated to version 20.45.1 and the biggest feature in the update is the introduction of an all-new unit, the Scorcher. This is a giant tank equipped with a flamethrower that deals out massive damage. The Scorcher is only available for level 18 HQ players and up, and it requires significant Gunboat energy to deploy.
The update features many more bug fixes and enhancements as well. Overall, this is a big update for the game!
Here are the official update notes:
– The Scorcher is a massive armored unit with a short range and attention span. It takes a boatload of Energy to deploy and leaves with a bang, harming everything nearby
– Available at HQ 18 (because we want something cool to unlock at each HQ level – we’re getting there!)
– New Power Base tactical note system for Task Forces
– Chat with your Task Force while spectating Operation attacks
– See information about your attacker’s statues
– Several new Power Base layouts
– Find new wildlife on your island
– Female villagers
– New Gunboat upgrade visuals
– New Flamethrower upgrade visuals
– New, more accurate visual effect for Boom Mine explosions
– Tap on your Submarine’s dive location while it’s exploring the depths
– The Grenadier now throws faster and further, with a slightly increased grenade explosion radius (DPS remains the same)
– Statue boosts will pause automatically during maintenance
– Increased Ice Statue boost times to 10h per PP
– Cannons, Boom Cannons and Boom Mines no longer deal double damage to Tanks, but instead deal more damage overall
– Tanks do more damage and train faster, but have less health
– Operation Intel costs now scale according to the size of your Task Force.
– Sabotage price reduced (initially 3, then +2 per subsequent sabotage)
– Better pathfinding for all troops
– Gunboat ability grid when attacking is now pixel precise
– Recommended Task Forces now tell you why they’re being recommended to you
– Matchmaking for 600 VPs and upwards has been changed.
– PvP loot bonus is no longer determined by the strength of your opponent’s defenses, only their total XP matters
– Added bonus to loot when attacking high VP players
– Dr. Terror’s visiting hours have changed.
– If you leave a Task Force at any point during an Operation, you won’t receive the OP reward, even if you re-join before the Operation finishes
– Officers can only kick a Task Force Member every 20 minutes
– You can join 10 Task Forces per day
– Landing Craft colors improved
– Turrets no longer rotate all day long
– Friends list will show the correct VPs for your friends
– Sabotage button greys out when a sabotage is happening
– Attacking within the ‘4 minute next invasion window’ won’t reset the timer back to 4 minutes anymore
– Bouncing Dr. Terror base visual glitch removed
– Changed the Grenadier’s movement speed text from moderate to slow (no change to his in-game movement speed)
– You can no longer leave 1-3 NPC bases on your map to ‘game’ the PvP base spawns (a fully empty map always gives the best chance of new invasions, as originally intended)