Boom Beach was recently updated to version 23.140.1. It has been nicknamed the, “Kingdom of the Crystal Seashell.” The newest update includes many new features including the biggie: the availability of HQ level 21. This new update to the island Headquarters also brings along some new upgrade levels for troops and gunboat abilities. There were also some significant changes to the way that the new prototype weapons work. Read on for all the details for this major update to the game!
What do you think of HQ level 21 and the newest changes to the game? Post your thoughts in the comments section below!
- Headquarters Level 21
- Armory Level 21 brings new upgrade levels for Troops and Gunboat Abilities
- Boost your HQ’s durability with a new prototype defense weapon: the Shield Generator
- Stun enemy troops with a shocking new mine: the Shock Mine
For Task Forces
- Co-Leader rank to share the burden of command
- New Power Base layouts with prototype defense weapons
- More visibility on operation attack participation
- Hammerman on the hunt event has been revamped to include seven stages
- Conveniently reinforce your Landing Crafts while on the map screen
- A bunch of new and updated graphics
- Lots of bug fixes
Prototype Weapon Re-Balancing
- Prototype defense weapons now last for 7 days instead of 12 days
- Hammerman on the hunt event will yield more prototype modules
- “???” diving spots will sometimes give prototype modules
- Damage Amplifier has been improved with a bigger effect radius and more health
- Re-worked the distribution of module costs to take the Shield Generator into account
- Level 1 prototype weapons cost two modules more in total
- Level 3 prototype weapons cost six modules less in total
- Doom Cannon now shoots every 3.5 seconds at all levels (previously 5s, 4s, 3s) and its damage per shot has been significantly increased for levels 2 and 3
- Shock Blaster damage reduced
First Impressions on the New Update
First of all, it’s important to note that you’ll need to be at level 59 or higher in order to upgrade your HQ to level 21. This may be a disappointment to relatively new players, but shouldn’t be a problem for Boom Beach veterans. But if you’re not there yet, it’s time to start grinding away for enough XP to achieve level 59.
Another nice benefit is that there are some new achievement that allow you to earn additional diamonds. The first is the Co-operator achievement, which rewards diamonds for task force points earned in a single operation. You can earn 10, 20 and 30 diamonds for being part of a task force that earns 100, 400 and 800 points, respectively.
The Explorer achievement rewards you for exploring map regions. You’ll earn 10, 20 and 30 diamonds for exploring 25, 75, and 149 map regions.
The Outfitter Achievement gives you diamonds for performing armory upgrades. Earn 10, 20 and 30 diamonds for 30, 110, and 235 armory upgrades.